Our 350-hour Professional Reflexology Certification Program covering Laura Norman Holistic Foot, Hand, Ear and Face Reflexology, is for anyone who wishes to practice Reflexology professionally, and who wants the most comprehensive professional certification program available. [NOTE: Professional Certification includes everything covered in our Basic Certification Program and much more.
Our all-inclusive package includes everything you need to be certified in the
Laura Norman Method of Reflexology:
- 168 hours classroom instruction
- 11 1-hour private tutorials
- 40 home study hours
- 8 class manuals
- Extensive supplementary materials
- 120 documented sessions
- Documentation Supervision and Review
- Feet First: A Guide to Foot Reflexology
- 90-minute Session Order DVD
- Certificate of Completion with our seal, suitable for framing
- Eligibility for ARCB Foot and Hand Reflexology National Certification
Our Professional Certification Program includes the following modules:
Professional Certification Requirements:
- Foot Reflexology 1 (4 Days)
- Foot and Hand Reflexology (2 Days)
- Foot Reflexology 2 (3 days)
- Foot Reflexology 3 (3 days)
- Hand Reflexology Certification (5 Days)
- Face and Ear Reflexology Certification (3 Days)
- Supervision Class (2 days)
- Complete all required course modules
- Pass written and practical evaluations
- Complete 11 private one-on-one tutorials to refine technique and skills
- Complete 40 hours of home study
- Complete 130 documented Reflexology sessions
Our Professional Certification graduates may return and re-take any previously taken classes for half the normal cost, or, with instructor approval, may return and assist/apprentice in classes previously taken for free
. Our graduates tell us that re-taking or assisting in classes previously taken facilitates deeper integration of the many levels of information our comprehensive program provides. We are the only Reflexology Training Program in the U.S to offer this option
.Some states, including New York and Florida, have additional licensure requirements regulating professional practice
The Laura Norman Method of Reflexology empowers you and your client's whole being physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually to rejuvenate, strengthen and facilitate better health.
You will learn complimentary healing modalities such as visualization, presence of mind and spirit, connection, compassion, awareness, affirmative thinking and speaking, how to establish rapport with your clients and how to create a healing environment. Laura's relaxing therapeutic approach will provide you with the skills to assists your clients in focusing on their desired outcomes and achieving their important goals.
Upon completion of the Laura Norman 349-hour Professional Reflexology Certification Program, you will know:
- In-depth understanding of history, theory, principles, benefits and uses of Reflexology
- The 10 Energy Zones (5 on each foot) and Guidelines (5 on each foot) that form the foundation for Reflexology
- Foot Reflexology map: How reflex areas on the feet correlate with the various glands, and organs of the body
- Core Reflexology techniques including thumb walking, finger walking, hook and back up, and rotation on a point
- 50 unique relaxation techniques, developed especially for the Laura Norman Method
- A broad range of unique, advanced Laura Norman Foot Reflexology techniques
- Reflexology helper and referral areas
- Anatomy, physiology of the 11 systems of the body
- Foot pathologies and their relationship to the body's systems
- Special techniques for working with the lower leg and foot
- Important interrelationships of body systems with their respective reflex areas
- How body systems are linked to specific conditions
- Specific Reflexology techniques to apply for specific conditions, including diabetes, its effects and appropriate treatment
- The roles biomechanics, gait analysis, foot function and shoe assessment and foot exercises play in effective Reflexology
- Mini-Foot Reflexology sessions for each system of the body
- Contraindications to performing Foot Reflexology
- How to use proper anatomical/medical terminology to communicate effectively with other health care professionals
- 60-minute Professional Foot Reflexology session protocol
- Proper body mechanics, including posture, breathing, hand placement and body positioning
- How to address needs of specific conditions and populations (women, children, athletes, the terminally ill, people with addictions, and many more)
- Professional ethics
- How to evaluate a health history, observe and record client progress
- How to design sessions for a multitude of conditions
- Advanced Reflexology techniques specifically designed for the hand
- Techniques to securely support your hand and your recipient's hand throughout a session
- A 30-minute Hand Reflexology protocol
- A 60-minute Hand Reflexology protocol
- Anatomy, physiology, pathologies of the hands and upper limbs, incl nerves, arteries, veins of the hand & upper limb
- Names, location of specific bones, muscles, tendons of the hand & upper limb
- Various finger techniques ('fingerholds') used to manage emotions
- Hand exercises to use for a number of hand conditions
- How to recognize contraindications to performing Hand Reflexology
- How to document a Hand Reflexology session
- The Reflexology map of the ear
- Positioning, holds and controls for the ear
- A 30-minute Ear Reflexology protocol
- A 60-minute Ear Reflexology protocol
- When to use Foot, Hand or Ear Reflexology for specific conditions
- How to combine Foot, Hand and Ear Reflexology into one session
- How to recognize contraindications to performing Ear Reflexology
- The healing benefits of Face Reflexology
- History of how Face Reflexology evolved
- How to locate the horizontal and vertical guidelines on the face
- Where to find Face Reflexology meridians and zones
- Working knowledge of face anatomy
- The importance of the 12 cranial nerves
- The steps necessary to recognize and address face conditions and indications including Bell's Palsy, edema, cosmetic surgery (healing, scar tissue) and many more
- How to recognize contraindications to performing Face Reflexology
- How to perform a one-hour Face Relaxation, Toning and Reflexology protocol plus additional techniques
Anyone interested in a career in complementary health
Anyone seeking to develop new skills to complement professional care
and personal health and beauty practices, including:
Physical Therapist Assistants
Occupational Therapy Assistants
Holistic Health Practitioners
Michael Edan, ARCB, RPP, Tera Mei Reiki Master. Michael has been an instructor for Laura Norman for almost fifteen years, and has been practicing Laura Norman Reflexology for over 20 years. He graduated from the Polarity Wellness Program in 1993 and was part of the Polarity Faculty at the Open Center in NYC. Michael became a Tera Mei Reiki Master in 1995, and has also studied trauma work with the Foundation for Human Enrichment.
Sande Rosen has been an instructor for the Laura Norman Reflexology Center for almost twenty years, during which time she has trained over a thousand Reflexologists. A nationally certified Reflexologist with the American Reflexology Certification Board, Sande is also a licensed Massage Therapist.
Sande has been a practitioner of Reflexology since 1973 and was certified in the Laura Norman Method in 1988. Constantly seeking to improve her skills and hone her craft, she has continually expanded her knowledge and understanding of Reflexology. As a result of such dedication to the craft, Sande's expertise includes Hand, Ear and Face Reflexology, Reflexology for arthritis sufferers, anatomy, physiology, proper bio-mechanics, gait analysis, and the combination of Reflexology and various schools of massage therapy.
With such a depth of knowledge in the field of Reflexology, Sande has been a presenter and speaker and has published several articles on the topic. Most notably, she has presented at national meetings ofthe Reflexology Association of America, and has been published in Woman's World magazine.
This class qualifies for continuing education hours, as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Save your course outline and certificate of completion, and contact your own board or organization for specific filing requirements.
Laura Norman Reflexology Training Programs is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Provider #450807-08.
All of our courses can be used to meet the CE requirements for the NCBTMB, AMTA, and ABMP.The following states DO accept NCBTMB Approved Provider courses: AZ, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, KY, MD, MN, MO, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, SC, SD, TN, VA, WA, WV.The following states do not have licensing and/or continuing education requirements; however, our CE courses can be used for NCBTMB, AMTA, and ABMP certification renewal in these states: AK, CA, CO, ID, IN, KS, ME, MA, MI, MT, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, UT, VT, WI, WY.
Laura Norman Reflexology Training Programs is an approved provider by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy, Provider #50-1676.
Laura Norman Reflexology Training Programs is approved by the American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB) as a Reflexology Certification Training and Continuing Education Approved Provider.
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants can earn CEUs by completing Laura Norman Reflexology classes.
Laura Norman Reflexology Training Programs is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education, Provider #7211. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
AOTA Educational level Introductory, Category 2: Occupational Therapy Process.
Classes require a minimum of 12 students or we may reschedule your class.
All balances are due by two weeks prior to your class (or the first class that is part of a program), unless you have made alternate arrangements with us.
A deposit equal to 50% of the class tuition is required to reserve your place, which is non-refundable unless we cancel or reschedule the class.
If you cancel your attendance at least seven calendar days before the class begins, we will retain 50% of the class tuition and refund the remaining balance to you.
There is no refund for cancellations received less than seven calendar days before the class begins. Please note that you are liable for the full tuition if you fail to cancel and do not attend.
If we cancel or reschedule your class, you may either apply your tuition to a future class or request a full refund of all monies you paid toward the cancelled/ rescheduled class.
Class fees are non-transferable to another class unless we cancel or reschedule your class.
Refunds require 30 days to process.
Students may submit questions or concerns in writing and will receive a written reply within five business days. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Laura Norman Reflexology Training Programs
1000 Lowry St, Suite 6C
Delray Beach, FL 33483